As nouns the difference between boxing and fistiana
is that boxing
is (sports) a sport where two opponents punch each other with gloved fists, the object being to score more points by the end of the match or by knockout, or technical knockout or boxing
can be material used for making boxes or casing while fistiana
is things related to the sport of boxing.
As a verb boxing
is or boxing
can be .
(sports) A sport where two opponents punch each other with gloved fists, the object being to score more points by the end of the match or by knockout, or technical knockout.
* (sports) fisticuffs, pugilism, sparring
(terms derived from boxing)
* boxing glove
* boxing match
* boxing ring
* kick-boxing, kickboxing
* shadow-boxing, shadowboxing
(terms associated with boxing)
* down for the count
* fancy footwork
* left hook
* on the ropes
* on the canvas
* on the mat
* upper cut
Material used for making boxes or casing.
(programming) Automatical conversion of value types to objects by wrapping them within a heap-allocated reference type.
* (programming) unboxing
Things related to the sport of boxing.
* 1915 , Joseph K Griffis, Tahan, Out of Savagery Into Civilization
* 2001 , Nat Fleischer, Sam Andre, Don Rafael, Nigel Collins, An Illustrated History of Boxing
- Then came the necessary preliminaries — the finding of a place in which to train; the securing of an expert boxer to instruct me in the art of fistiana ...
- ...Heenan's friends urged him to issue a challenge to Tom Sayers, British title holder, for the highest honors in fistiana .