Crotchet is a related term of fickleness.
As nouns the difference between crotchet and fickleness
is that crotchet
is (music) a musical note one beat long in 4/4 time while fickleness
is the quality of being fickle.
As a verb crotchet
is to make needlework by looping thread with a hooked needle; to crochet.
(music) A musical note one beat long in 4/4 time.
A sharp curve or crook; a shape resembling a hook (obsolete except in crochet hook).
(archaic) a whim or a fancy
* 1843 , '', book 3, chapter XIII, ''Democracy
* De Quincey
- Thou who walkest in a vain shew, looking out with ornamental dilettante sniff and serene supremacy at all Life and all Death; and amblest jauntily; perking up thy poor talk into crotchets , thy poor conduct into fatuous somnambulisms
A forked support; a crotch.
- He ruined himself and all that trusted in him by crotchets that he could never explain to any rational man.
(military, historical) An indentation in the glacis of the covered way, at a point where a traverse is placed.
(military) The arrangement of a body of troops, either forward or rearward, so as to form a line nearly perpendicular to the general line of battle.
(printing) A bracket.
- The crotchets of their cot in columns rise.
* (musical note) quarter note (US)
to make needlework by looping thread with a hooked needle; to crochet
(obsolete) to play music in measured time
The quality of being fickle.