* nymphe (rare or archaic)
The larva of certain insects.
Any minor female deity associated with water, forests, grotto, etc.
A young girl, especially one who inspires lustful feelings.
* (insect larva) instar, naiad
* (attractive young woman) lolita, nymphet, nymphette
* alseid, auloniad, crinaeae, limnades, meliae, napaeae, oceanids, oreads, pegaeae
* dryads, hamadryads, naiads, nereids
* (chiefly Canadian and US) fetus
(Canada, US) An unborn or unhatched vertebrate showing signs of the mature animal.
(Canada, US) A human embryo after the 8th week of gestation.
- The sequence is; molecules in reproductive systems, then gametes, zygotes, morulas, blastocysts, and then fetuses .
* The form fetus is preferred in North America and in the scientific community, whereas foetus is still commonly used in Commonwealth nations.