* (chiefly Canadian and US) fetus
(Canada, US) An unborn or unhatched vertebrate showing signs of the mature animal.
(Canada, US) A human embryo after the 8th week of gestation.
- The sequence is; molecules in reproductive systems, then gametes, zygotes, morulas, blastocysts, and then fetuses .
* The form fetus is preferred in North America and in the scientific community, whereas foetus is still commonly used in Commonwealth nations.
* faeces (British), (archaic)
) (North American spelling
Digested waste material (typically solid or semi-solid) discharged from the bowels; excrement.
* This word can be used with plural verbs ("feces have a strong smell") or singular ones ("feces has a strong smell"). Use with plural verbs is more common, especially in Britain, and is the only use recognized by some dictionaries,
* (discharged animal waste) excrement, faecal matter, guano (of birds or bats only), manure (not used of human faeces)
* night soil (euphemistic)
* doo, poo, poop, boo-boo, and doody (euphemistic or hypocoristic)
* crap, shit, turd, log (vulgar)
* See also