Fashioner vs Fashionista - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between fashioner and fashionista
is that fashioner
is one who fashions something; the maker or designer while fashionista
is a person who creates or promotes high fashion, a fashion designer or fashion editor.
One who fashions something; the maker or designer.
* The Holy Bible:Revised Standard version - Wisdom of Solomon, chapter 7:21-22 [http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/ot2www-pubeng?specfile=/texts/english/modeng/publicsearch/modengpub.o2w&act=text&offset=549732957&textreg=2&query=+fashioner&id=RsvWisd]
*:I learned both what is secret and what is manifest, for wisdom, the fashioner of all things, taught me.
A person who creates or promotes high fashion, a fashion designer or fashion editor.
* 2008 , "High Style: Are you a Porter person?" Toronto Star , 17 Jul., p. L1,
A person who dresses according to the trends of fashion, or one who closely follows those trends.
- Toronto fashionista Suzanne Boyd, editor-in-chief of the soon-to-be-launched Zoomer magazine, recently moved back to Canada after living in Manhattan for the past four years.
* Oxford English Dictionary
, 2nd ed., 1989 (rev. Sept., 2002).
* "Mirror, Mirror: How Stylish People Don't Describe Themselves" by Penelope Green. "New York Times", Section 9, Page 1, Column 1, Style Desk, July 4, 1999.
English words suffixed with -ista