Darl vs Farl - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between darl and farl
is that darl
is (informal) darling while farl
is (obsolete) a quarter of a thin oatmeal or flour cake.
As a verb farl is
* 2004 , Marie Seltenrych, Five Golden Rings and a Diamond (page 306)
* 2010 , Joanna Neil, ?Lucy Clark, Posh Doc, Society Wedding / New Boss, New-Year Bride
- 'Well if you're sure. I was going to make myself a cup of tea before it gets too hot. Do you want one?' 'No. I'll be right. Listen darl , I brought you back something, and the kids,' he says, opening his backpack
- 'Hello, darl . This must be the newest addition to our family.' Melissa's attention was wrenched away from her confusing thoughts about Joss as she was enveloped in a warm hug from a woman just a little shorter than her.
Contraction of fardel.
(obsolete) A quarter of a thin oatmeal or flour cake.
Any such cake or bread, now particularly used for Irish specialities as soda farls and potato farls.
* soda bread
* potato bread
* 1647', '', '''1854 , Alexander Dyce (editor), ''The Works of Beaumont and Fletcher: The Text Formed from a New Collation of the Early Editions , Volume 2,
- Down with the mainmast ! lay her at hull !
- Farl up all her linens, and let her ride it out !