Fan vs Fansite - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between fan and fansite
is that fan
is while fansite
is a website aimed at fans of something, such as a singer or football team.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
From (etyl), from (etyl) . More at (l).
A hand-held device consisting of concertinaed material, or slats of material, gathered together at one end, that may be opened out into the shape of a sector of a circle and waved back and forth in order to move air towards oneself and cool oneself.
An electrical device for moving air, used for cooling people, machinery, etc.
Anything resembling a hand-held fan in shape, e.g., a peacock’s tail.
An instrument for winnowing grain, by moving which the grain is tossed and agitated, and the chaff is separated and blown away.
- The oxen likewise and the young asses that ear the ground shall eat clean provender, which hath been winnowed with the shovel and with the fan .
A small vane or sail, used to keep the large sails of a smock windmill always in the direction of the wind.
- Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
* ceiling fan
* cooling fan
* desk fan
* exhaust fan
* extractor fan
* fan belt
* fan dance
* fan death
* hit the fan
* pedestal fan
* wall fan
To blow air on (something) by means of a fan (hand-held, mechanical or electrical) or otherwise.
* 1865 , (Lewis Carroll), (w, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
- We enjoyed standing at the edge of the cliff, being fanned by the wind. .
To slap (a behind, especially).
* 1934 , edition, ISBN 0553278193, page 148:
To move or spread in multiple directions from one point, in the shape of a hand-held fan.
- Alice took up the fan and gloves, and, as the hall was very hot, she kept fanning herself all the time she went on talking.
Shortened from (fanatic).
An admirer or aficionado, especially of a sport or performer; someone who is fond of something or someone; an admirer.
- I am a big fan of libraries.
A website aimed at fans of something, such as a singer or football team.