(architecture) Fan tracery.
* 1911 , Maurice Hewlett, The Song of Renny , Charles Scribner's Son's (1911),
* 2008 , Geoffrey Ashe, King Arthur's Avalon: The Story of Glastonbury , Sutton Press (2008), ISBN 9780750948814,
- The chapel — a soaring, slender-shafted building, with fanwork upon its roof and an apse deep and pointed — seemed full of light, withal it was hung with black velvet.
* 2008 , Leonard Ginsberg, Rhapsody on a Film by Kurosawa , Trafford Publishing (2008), ISBN 9781425174378,
- There were bits of a vaulted roof with panelled fanwork and moulded ribs, recalling the Henry VII Chapel at Westminster.
A fan-shaped network of lines or projections.
* 1999 , Anne Marie Winston, Lovers' Reunion , Silhouette Books (1999), ISBN 9781459258266,
- Now the Grand High Witch removes her mask and wig: A hideous beak and a decrepit bodice of skin and bones, like the stone ceiling fanwork in a Gothic chamber, her blotchy scalp a moonscape fermenting cobwebs.
* 2006 , Kage Baker, The Machine's Child , Tor (2007), ISBN 9780765354617,
- He smiled again, easily, dimples creasing his cheeks, and a tiny fanwork of lines crinkled the corners of his dark eyes.
* 2013 , Leigh Evans, The Trouble with Fate , St. Martin's Press (2013), ISBN 9781250006400,
- The bud vase lay on its side near the bush; a lacy fanwork of roots had spread out over the tabletop, following the path of the spilled water.
A creative work produced by a fan, based on a book, movie, television show, musical group, etc.
* 2008 , Tan Bee Kee, "Rewriting Gender and Sexuality in English-Language Yaoi Fanfiction", in Boys' Love Manga: Essays on the Sexual Ambiguity and Cross-Cultural Fandom of the Genre (eds. Antonia Levi, Mark McHarry & Dru Pagliassotti), McFarland & Company (2008), ISBN 9780786441952,
- He had three lines running across his forehead, and a fanwork of them radiating from the corner of each eye.
* 2009 , Emily Turner, "Scary Just Got Sexy: Transgression in Supernatural'' and Its Fanfiction", in ''In the Hunt: Unauthorized Essays on Supernatural (ed. Supernatural.tv), BenBella Books (2009), ISBN 9781933771632,
- Fans often declare that they prefer fanon to what actually happens in canon and fanworks to the actual series, which is lackluster by comparison.
* 2010 , Fan-Yi Lam, "Comic Market: How the World's Biggest Amateur Comic Fair Shaped Japanese D?jinshi'' Culture", in ''Fanthropologies , Volume 5 (ed. Frenchy Lunning), University of Minnesota Press (2010), ISBN 9780816673872,
- The result is a proliferation of fanworks that explore narratives of transgression as fans play with the permissibility of Supernatural's supernatural world.
- Other factors contributing to the increased interest in d?jinshi and in fanworks were the development of fixed otaku landmarks and the spread of computers.
*(creative work produced by a fan) fanart, fan fiction, fangame, fanvid
* fan art
(fandom) Artwork created unofficially by fans of a book, film, etc., and based on it.
* '2008 , Kristin Thompson, The Frodo Franchise: The Lord of the Rings and Modern Hollywood (page 179)
* 2010 , Antonia Levi, Mark McHarry, Dru Pagliassotti, Boys' Love Manga (page 16)
- The same genres have inspired fanart as well.
- Aarinfantasy's Web site offers several areas for fans to give back—whether this is sharing fanart in the Member's Gallery or offering support, discussion or interaction in the general forums.