Faerie vs Sidhe - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between faerie and sidhe
is that faerie
is while sidhe
is supernatural creatures of irish and scottish folklore, who live in sidhe; fairies.
Realm of the fays, fairyland.
* Faerie'', in ''Compact Oxford English Dictionary .
Mythical hills of Irish and Scottish folklore, home of the sidhe race; fairyland, faerie.
* 1906 , , Columcille: The Friend of the Angels of God,
Alternative capitalization of sidhe.
* 1914 , ,
- Even Nera from the Sidhe could not do it; he is not made much of now; our learned one is not the light of our life now he is hidden away from us.
* 2001 , , Spirits White as Lightning ,
- Their reign has never ceased, but only waned in power a little, for the Sidhe still pass in every wind, and dance and play at hurley, and fight their sudden battles in every hollow and on every hill; but they cannot build their temples again till there have been martyrdoms and victories, and perhaps even that long-foretold battle in the Valley of the Black Pig.
page not numbered,
- “‘Fun,’” Ria echoed. “You want to invite me to one of the Sidhe ’s High Holy Days—me —and you think it'll be 'fun'?”