Italian vs Eyetie - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between italian and eyetie
is that italian
is while eyetie
is (british|slang|dated|derogatory|ethnic slur) an italian.
Pertaining to Italy, its people or its language.
* Italian cloth
* Italian iron
* Italian juice
An inhabitant of Italy, or a person of Italian descent.
, date=May 5
, author=Phil McNulty
, title=Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool
, work=BBC Sport
, passage=As Di Matteo celebrated and captain John Terry raised the trophy for the fourth time, the Italian
increased his claims to become the permanent successor to Andre Villas-Boas by landing a trophy.}}
(en proper noun
The official language of Italy, also spoken in San Marino, the Vatican, and parts of Switzerland.
* Old Italian
(British, slang, dated, derogatory, ethnic slur) An Italian.
* 1944 , Lawson Glassop, We were the rats
* 1944 , Richard Baxter, Stand by to surface
- The only danger of gas from the Eyeties was when they breathed garlic on you.
* 1986 , Aidan Chambers, Dance on My Grave
- We got out to sea again, but it was not long before the Eyeties were on our track again.
- D'you think they're Eyeties ? Supposed to be great lovers...
* (person of Italian descent) dago
* (person of Italian descent) goombah
* (person of Italian descent) greaseball
* (person of Italian descent) guido
* (person of Italian descent) guinea
* (person of Italian descent) wog
* (person of Italian descent) wop