Enigmatic vs Exuberant - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between enigmatic and exuberant
is that enigmatic
is enigmatic while exuberant
* enigmatick (obsolete)
Pertaining to an enigma.
*:Serene, smiling, enigmatic , she faced him with no fear whatever showing in her dark eyes. The clear light of the bright autumn morning had no terrors for youth and health like hers.
(of people) Very high-spirited; extremely energetic and enthusiastic.
* 1882 , , "The Lady or the Tiger?":
* 1961 , , Catch-22 :
- He was a man of exuberant fancy, and, withal of an authority so irresistible that, at his will, he turned his varied fancies into facts.
(of things that grow) Abundant, luxuriant, profuse, superabundant.
* 1972 , Ken Lemmon, "Restoration Work at Studley Royal," Garden History , vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 22:
- She was a tall, earthy, exuberant girl with long hair and a pretty face.
- The County Architect's Department is starting to pleach trees to open up these vistas, now almost hidden by the exuberant growth.
* Oxford English Dictionary , 2nd ed., 1989.
* Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary , 1987-1996.