As a noun wipeout
is the action of the verb "wipe out".
As a verb extirpate is
(obsolete) to clear an area of roots and stumps.
The action of the verb "wipe out"
- The skateboarder had a nasty wipeout as she came off the ramp.
- The wipeout of this industry could be catastrophic.
(obsolete) To clear an area of roots and stumps.
To pull up by the roots; uproot.
To destroy completely; to annihilate.
To surgically remove.
* (to pull up by the roots) uproot, eradicate, extricate, deracinate
* (to destroy completely) annihilate, destroy, eradicate, exterminate
* (to surgically remove) excise
* See also