Extinct vs Bandjalang - What's the difference?
(dated) Extinguished, no longer alight (of fire, candles etc.)
No longer used; obsolete, discontinued.
* Luckily, such ideas about race are extinct in current sociological theory.
- Poor Edward's cigarillo was already extinct .
No longer in existence; having died out.
- Indeed the very fact that the English spelling system
writes in there'' as two words but ''therein'' as one word might be taken as suggest-
ing that only the former is a productive syntactic construction in Modern
English, the latter being a now extinct construction which has left behind a
few fossil remnants in the form of compound words such as ''thereby .
(vulcanology) No longer actively erupting.
- The dinosaurs have been extinct for millions of years.
- Most of the volcanos on this island are now extinct .
* (no longer alight) burning
* (having died out) extant
* active, dormant
(en proper noun
A nearly extinct aboriginal language of New South Wales.