As nouns the difference between export and exit
is that export
is export (the act of exporting) while exit
of or relating to exportation or exports
(countable) something that is exported
(uncountable) the act of exporting
- Oil is the main export of Saudi Arabia.
- The export of fish is forbidden in this country.
* (the act of exporting ): exportation
* (something that is exported ): import
* (the act of exporting ): import, importation
to carry away
* Francis Bacon
to sell (goods) to a foreign country
- [They] export honour from a man, and make him a return in envy.
to cause to spread in another part of the world
(computing): to send (data) from one program to another
to put up (a child) for international adoption.
- Japan exports electronic goods throughout the world.
* (to carry away ): remove
* (to sell (goods) to a foreign country ): import
A way out.
A passage or gate from inside someplace to the outside, outgang.
- He was looking for the exit and got lost .
The action of leaving.
- She stood at the exit of the house looking back and waving at those inside .
- He made his exit at the opportune time .
- The untimely exit of a consummate politician .
* (a way out) egress, outgang, outway
* (the action of leaving) egress, outgoing, departure
* emergency exit
* exit interview
* exit policy
* exit poll
* exit program
* exit strategy
* exit wound
* fire exit
To go out
* exit stage left