What somebody is known for.
, author=John Frith
, title=A pistle to the Christen reader. The Revelation of Antichrist: Antithesis,
, publisher=Luft [i.e. Hoochstraten]
, passage=And Balaam (or as the trueth of the hebrewe hath Bileam) doth signifie the people of no reputation
/ or the vayne people or they that are not counted for people.
* Adjectives often applied to "reputation": good, great, excellent, bad, stellar, tarnished, evil, damaged, dubious, spotless, terrible, ruined, horrible, lost, literary, corporate, global, personal, academic, scientific, posthumous, moral, artistic.
Opinion, esteem or judgment.
* 1918 , R. Robinson (translator), Thomas More (author), Utopia :
- Then if a man in such a company, where some disdain and have despite at other men's inventions, and some count their own best, if among such men (I say) a man should bring forth anything, that he hath read done in times past, or that he hath seen done in other places: there the hearers fare as though the whole'' existimation ''of their wisdom were in jeopardy to be overthrown, and that ever after they should be counted for very fools, unless they could in other men's inventions pick out matter to reprehend, and find fault at.
* esteem, opinion, reputation
* Utopia . New York: PF Collier and Son. p150