The act, manner or style of executing (actions, maneuvers, performances).
The state of being executed (accomplished).
The act of putting to death or being put to death as a penalty, or actions so associated.
(legal) The carrying into effect of a court judgment, or of a will.
(legal) The formal process by which a contract is made valid and put into binding effect.
(computing) The carrying out of an instruction, program or program segment by a computer.
- The battle plan was successfully executed .
- The entire machine slowed down during the execution of the virus checker .
- Whenever the matrix inversion function executed the program crashed.
* execution style
* posthumous execution
* (penalty of death) crucifixion, electrocution, hanging, lethal injection
The state of being banished from one's home or country.
Someone who is banished from one's home or country.
- Let them be recalled from their exile .
- Thou art an exile , and thou must not stay.
* (the state) banishment
* (the person) expatriate, expat
* internal exile
To send into exile.
- Exiled from eternal God.
- Calling home our exiled friends abroad.