As a noun recollect
is a member of a french reform branch of the order of friars minor, commonly known as the franciscans.
As a verb evoke is
to cause the manifestation of something (emotion, picture, etc) in someone's mind or imagination.
To recall; to collect one's thoughts again, especially about past events.
- I remember the concert clearly, but I can't recollect why I was there.
(obsolete) To collect (things) together again.
To compose oneself.
* 1847 , Newton Mallory Curtis, The Patrol of the Mountain (page 52)
- The Tyrian queen Admired his fortunes, more admired the man; then recollected stood.
- The Major suddenly recollected himself, and withdrew his hand, and at the same time, threw himself into a chair.
To cause the manifestation of something (emotion, picture, etc.) in someone's mind or imagination.
- Being here evokes long forgotten memories.
- Seeing this happen equally evokes fear and anger in me.
- The book evokes a detailed and lively picture of what life was like in the 19th century.