Pretentious vs Eurofag - What's the difference?
As an adjective pretentious
is marked by an unwarranted claim to importance or distinction.
As a noun eurofag is
(slang|derogatory) a european who is pretentious, snobbish, and/or effeminate, or a non-european who emulates such people.
Marked by an unwarranted claim to importance or distinction.
Ostentatious; intended to impress others.
- Their song titles are pretentious in the context of their basic lyrics.
- Her dress was obviously more pretentious than comfortable.
* See also
(slang, derogatory) A European who is pretentious, snobbish, and/or effeminate, or a non-European who emulates such people.
* 1996 , Matthew Rettenmund, Totally Awesome 80s
* 2000 , Cintra Wilson, A massive swelling
- The era that brought us Valley Girls and Eurofags , power suits and parachute pants, Rick Springfield and Samantha Fox, and the personal computer revolution...
* 2005 , Carrie Karasyov, Jill Kargman, Wolves in chic clothing
- We must cease to find glamour in the mondo-expensivo Eurofag Gucci footwear camps, just because magazines tell us they're glamorous. We must learn to be more impressed by the dignified, esoteric details...
* 2006 , Jaffe Cohen, Tush
- ...you're getting ready to go out to another fucking charity ball you're dreading and you hear her on the phone talking to her pansy-ass Eurofag lover.
- And when Dennis Fairchild finally made his appearance at 1:30, arm in arm with Jean Paul and a coterie of Eurofag fashion models...