Ere vs Erke - What's the difference?
As an acronym ere
is layoff (a dismissal of employees from their jobs because of tightened budgetary constraints or work shortag
As a proper noun erke is
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
From (etyl) ere, from (etyl) .
(obsolete) At an earlier time.
* 1526 , William Tyndale, trans. Bible , John I:
- Thys is he of whome I spake, he that commeth after me, was before me be cause he was yer than I.
(poetic, archaic) Before; sooner than.
* Bible, John iv. 49
- Sir, come down ere my child die.
- Stirring ere the break of day.
- Ere sails were spread new oceans to explore.
* 1533, R. Saltwood:
- As plesaunt to the ere as the blacke sanctus Of a sad sorte vpon a mery pyn.