As nouns the difference between entity and halo
is that entity
is that which has a distinct existence as an individual unit often used for organisations which have no physical form while halo
is (astronomy) a circular band of coloured light, visible around the sun or moon etc, caused by reflection and refraction of light by ice crystals in the atmosphere.
As a verb halo is
to encircle with a halo.
That which has a distinct existence as an individual unit. Often used for organisations which have no physical form.
An existent something that has the properties of being real, and having a real existence.
(computing) Anything about which information or data can be stored in a database; in particular, an organised array or set of individual elements or parts.
The state or quality of being or existence.
- It is also pertinent to note that the current obvious decline in work on holarctic hepatics most surely reflects a current obsession with cataloging and with nomenclature of the organisms—as divorced from their study as living entities .
* Quotation: The policy of the government of the United States is to seek . . . to preserve Chinese territorial and administrative entity --
- The group successfully maintains its tribal entity.
* See also
* entity-relationship model
* geopolitical entity
* legal entity
(astronomy) A circular band of coloured light, visible around the sun or moon etc., caused by reflection and refraction of light by ice crystals in the atmosphere.
(astronomy) A cloud of gas and other matter surrounding and captured by the gravitational field of a large diffuse astronomical object, such as a galaxy or cluster of galaxies.
Anything resembling this band, such as an effect caused by imperfect developing of photographs.
(religion) nimbus, a luminous disc, often of gold, around or over the heads of saints, etc., in religious paintings.
The metaphorical aura of glory, veneration or sentiment which surrounds an idealized entity.
* (luminous disc around head of saints in paintings) aureole, nimbus
To encircle with a halo.