Endorsement vs Recommendation - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between endorsement and recommendation
is that endorsement
is the act or quality of endorsing while recommendation
is an act of recommending.
The act or quality of endorsing
- The association announced its endorsement of the policy.
- The bank required that cheque endorsement be witnessed by a cashier.
An amendment or added notation to an insurance contract or other official document (such as a driving licence).
- Companies sometimes pay millions for product endorsement by celebrities.
(aviation) An instructor's signed acknowledgement of time practising specific flying skills.
- Mr. Jones paid extra for the flood damage endorsement on his house insurance.
(education, certification) Permission to carry out a specific skill or application in a field in which the practitioner already has a general licence.
- Once she obtained the endorsement of her night flying hours, Joanna was approved to take the pilot's examination.
- Wanted: Accredited teacher with Grade 12 mathematics endorsement .
Sponsorship, in means of money, by a company, business or enterprise.
- To transport gasoline, truckers must have a valid licence and the hazardous materials endorsement .
Support from an important, renowned figure of a media (celebrity, politics, sports, etc.), to get back up.
- After the Olympics, he was hoping to get an endorsement deal.
- I'm not sure whether an endorsement from Donald Trump will help or hurt.
An act of recommending
That which is recommended
A commendation or endorsement
* See also