Emir vs Emergency - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between emir and emergency
is that emir
is emir while emergency
is a situation which poses an immediate risk and which requires urgent attention.
a prince, commander or other leader or ruler in an Islamic nation.
a descendant of the prophet Muhammad.
A situation which poses an immediate risk and which requires urgent attention.
:Cardiac arrest is an emergency and if you find someone in cardiac arrest you should call 999 immediately.
(US, Canada, often attributive) The department of a hospital that treats emergencies.
An individual brought in at short notice to replace a member of staff, a player in a sporting team, etc.
* November 2 2014 , Daniel Taylor, "
Sergio Agüero strike wins derby for Manchester City against 10-man United," guardian.co.uk
(archaic) The quality of being emergent; sudden or unexpected appearance; an unforeseen occurrence.
- Van Gaal responded by replacing Adnan Januzaj with Carrick and, in fairness, the emergency centre-half did exceedingly well given that he has not played since May.
* (hospital department) ER, casualty, emerg
* emergency department
* emergency entrance
* emergency exit
* emergency room
* emergency ward
* emergency medical services
* state of emergency
* emergency response
* Emergency Medical Technician
* The Emergency
* fire department