Embosses vs Embusses - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between embosses and embusses
is that embosses
) while embusses
From (etyl) embosen, from (etyl) embocer.
To mark or decorate with a raised design or symbol.
To raise in relief from a surface, as an ornament, a head on a coin, etc.
- The papers weren't official until the seal had been embossed on them.
* Sir Walter Scott
- Then o'er the lofty gate his art embossed / Androgeo's death.
- Exhibiting flowers in their natural colour embossed upon a purple ground.
Perhaps from . Compare (imbosk).
(label) Of a hunted animal: to take shelter in a wood or forest.
(label) To drive (an animal) to extremity; to exhaust, to make foam at the mouth.
*:And as it commonly happens, that when the Stag begins to be embost , and finds his strength to faile-him, having no other remedie left him, doth yeeld and bequeath himselfe unto us that pursue him, with teares suing to us for mercie.
(obsolete) To hide or conceal in a thicket; to imbosk; to enclose, shelter, or shroud in a wood.
(label) To surround; to ensheath; to immerse; to beset.
- in the Arabian woods embossed
- A knight her met in mighty arms embossed .
to put (troops) onto a bus
to board a bus