Whithersoever vs Elsewhither - What's the difference?
| Related terms
Whithersoever is a related term of elsewhither.
As adverbs the difference between whithersoever and elsewhither
is that whithersoever
is to what place soever; wherever while elsewhither
is somewhither else; to some other place; in some other direction
To what place soever; wherever.
* , Matthew 8:19
* 1926 , , (Weird Tales), 8, No.3 , 373-80.
- And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
- But again I thought of the emptiness and horror of reality, and boldly prepared to follow whithersoever I might be led.
* (to what place soever)
Somewhither else; to some other place; in some other direction.
* 1843 , '', book 4, chapter VIII, ''The Didactic
* 1919 ,
- […] know that ‘impossible,’ where Truth and Mercy and the everlasting Voice of Nature order, has no place in the brave man’s dictionary. That when all men have said “Impossible,” and tumbled noisily elsewhither , and thou alone art left, then first thy time and possibility have come.
- With Strickland the sexual appetite took a very small place. It was unimportant. It was irksome. His soul aimed elsewhither .