Equanimity vs Effrontery - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between equanimity and effrontery
is that equanimity
is the state of being calm, stable and composed, especially under stress while effrontery
is (uncountable) insolent and shameless audacity.
the state of being calm, stable and composed, especially under stress
* 1954 , Albert Einstein, Ideas and Opinions
- Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.
* See also
(uncountable) Insolent and shameless audacity.
(countable) An act of insolent and shameless audacity.
- We even had the effrontery to suggest that he should leave the country.
- Any refusal to salute the president shall be counted as an effrontery .
* 2005, Ed. Catherine Soanes and Angus Stevenson, The Oxford Dictionary of English (2nd edition revised) , Oxford University Press, ISBN 0198610572
* 1996, T.F. Hoad, The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Etymology , Oxford University Press, ISBN 0192830988