Fitted is a related term of effective.
As adjectives the difference between fitted and effective
is that fitted
is incorporating all of the fittings into connected units while effective
is having the power to produce a required effect or effects.
As a verb fitted
) (to tailor, change size).
As a noun effective is
(military) a soldier fit for duty.
(fit) (to tailor, change size)
(to tailor, change size)
* fitted cap
Incorporating all of the fittings into connected units.
Having the power to produce a required effect or effects.
Producing a decided or decisive effect.
- The pill is an effective method of birth control.
* Jeremy Taylor
- The president delivered an effective speech!
Efficient, serviceable, or operative, available for useful work.
- Whosoever is an effective , real cause of doing his neighbour wrong, is criminal.
- How long does it take to make a bunch of civilians an effective military force?
- My effective income after taxes and child support is $500 a month.
- The effective radiated power is determined by multiplying the transmitter power output with the antenna gain.
Actually in effect.
- The effective voltage of an alternating current is 0.7 times its peak voltage.
Having no negative coefficients.
- The curfew is effective at midnight.
(military) A soldier fit for duty.
*1876 , , Recollections of the Elkhorn Campaign :
*:The Army of the West reached Corinth sometime after the battle of Shiloh. We were 15,000 effectives , and brought Beauregard's effective force up to 45,000 men.