As nouns the difference between psychotherapy and ecopsychotherapy
is that psychotherapy
is the treatment of people diagnosed with mental and emotional disorders using dialogue and a variety of psychological techniques while ecopsychotherapy
is (rare) nature-centered psychotherapy: the use of nature to promote mental health.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
The treatment of people diagnosed with mental and emotional disorders using dialogue and a variety of psychological techniques.
(rare) Nature-centered psychotherapy: the use of nature to promote mental health.
* 1998 , Randall White, “Psychiatry and Ecopsychology”, chapter 13 of Ante Lundberg (editor), The Environment and Mental Health: A Guide for Clinicians , Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, ISBN 9780805829075, page 211:
* 1998 , George William Burns, Nature-Guided Therapy: Brief Integrative Strategies for Health and Well-being , Psychology Press, ISBN 978-0-87630-850-9, page 76:
- In ’s version, providing ecopsychotherapy and changing our child rearing practices will reunite us with nature and help us avert environmental catastrophe.
* 2004 , Sebastiano Santostefano, Child Therapy in the Great Outdoors: A Relational View , Routledge, ISBN 978-0-88163-426-6, page 155:
- While psychotherapy has traditionally looked within the individual for answers, ecopsychotherapy explores how the answers may be found in our relationship with the natural environment.
- Ecopsychotherapy' was formulated by Burns (1998) In broad terms, ' ecopsychotherapy proposes that it is beneficial to shift attention away from internal personal problems toward sensory experiences that bring pleasure.