A small short-legged smooth-coated hound, often used for hunting hares. Often tri-coloured, its friendly disposition makes it suitable as a family pet.
A person who snoops on others; a detective.
* 2002 , Susan Isaacs, Long Time No See , page 243
- whereas burying a body in the wooded area beyond the backyard was the quickest way to make a Nassau County Police Department beagle look good.
To hunt with beagles.
Any of several large carnivorous and carrion-eating birds in the family Accipitridae, having a powerful hooked bill and keen vision.
(heraldiccharge) A representation of such a bird carried as an emblem, e.g. on a coat of arms.
(US, currency) A gold coin with a face value of $10.00 formerly used in the United States.
(golf) A score of two under par for a hole.
(terms derived from the carnivorous bird)
* American eagle
* bald eagle
* eagle-eye, eagle-eyed
* eagle owl
* Eagle Scout
* fish eagle
* golden eagle
* Haast's eagle
* Philippine eagle
* (red-backed sea-eagle)
* sea eagle
* spread eagle
* wedge-tailed eagle
* (white-bellied sea eagle)
* (white-breasted sea eagle)
* white-tailed eagle
* double eagle
* half eagle
* (Accipitridae) erne, broadwing
(golf) To score an eagle.