As an adjective effective
is having the power to produce a required effect or effects.
As a noun effective
is (military) a soldier fit for duty.
As a verb dynamize is
to make dynamic.
Having the power to produce a required effect or effects.
Producing a decided or decisive effect.
- The pill is an effective method of birth control.
* Jeremy Taylor
- The president delivered an effective speech!
Efficient, serviceable, or operative, available for useful work.
- Whosoever is an effective , real cause of doing his neighbour wrong, is criminal.
- How long does it take to make a bunch of civilians an effective military force?
- My effective income after taxes and child support is $500 a month.
- The effective radiated power is determined by multiplying the transmitter power output with the antenna gain.
Actually in effect.
- The effective voltage of an alternating current is 0.7 times its peak voltage.
Having no negative coefficients.
- The curfew is effective at midnight.
(military) A soldier fit for duty.
*1876 , , Recollections of the Elkhorn Campaign :
*:The Army of the West reached Corinth sometime after the battle of Shiloh. We were 15,000 effectives , and brought Beauregard's effective force up to 45,000 men.
To make dynamic.
(pharmacology) To render effective.