As nouns the difference between ethnic and dusun
is that ethnic
is an ethnic person, notably said when a foreigner or member of an immigrant community while dusun
is a member of the dusun.
As an adjective ethnic
is of or relating to a group of people having common racial, national, religious or cultural origins.
As a proper noun dusun is
a tribe or ethnic and linguistic group in sabah, malaysia, with some similarities to the kadazan.
* ethnick (obsolete)
Of or relating to a group of people having common racial, national, religious or cultural origins.
Belonging to a foreign culture.
- There are many ethnic Indonesians in the Netherlands
(historical) Heathen, not Judeo-Christian-Muslim.
- I like to eat ethnic food
* ethnic cleansing
* ethnic group
* ethnic minority
* (culturally foreign) exotic
* (heathen) pagan, gentile
An ethnic person, notably said when a foreigner or member of an immigrant community.
An ethnic minority. (rfex)
(archaic) A heathen, a pagan.
* 1641 . .
- ..for the learned know that even in St. Jerome's time, the consul of Rome and his wife were both Ethnics , and about the same time the greatest part of the senate also...
(in classical scholarship ) the demonym of an Ancient Greek city
* 2006 . Cohen. The Hellenistic Settlements in Syria, the Red Sea Basin & North Africa , 151.
- ...And the people of God, redeemed and washed with Christ's blood, and dignified with so many glorious titles of saints and sons in the Gospel, are now no better reputed than impure ethnics and lay dogs...
- "Coinage with the ethnic ????????? ???? ???????? survives from the mid-second century A.D."
A member of the Dusun.