Gurry vs Durry - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between gurry and durry
is that gurry
is (india) a small fort or gurry
can be fishing offal while durry
is (australia and new zealand|colloquial|slang) a cigarette, especially a roll-your-own.
(India) A small fort.
(Australia and New Zealand, colloquial, slang) A cigarette, especially a roll-your-own.
* 2003 , , Far from Maddy ,
* 2004 , Jay Verney, Percussion ,
- “Fire-head lady, you got a smoke?” asks the younger of the two men. “You got a durry . Cigarette.” His timbre is low but void of inflexion. “Come,” he says again, brown hand scooping the air in front of him.
* 2007 , Kevin Hallewell, Woop Woop ,
- He pulled a tobacco pouch out of his pocket with a plastic bag containing what had to be a mind-altering substance. “You?re welcome to join me in a durry ,” he said, rolling himself a cigarette.
- He thought for a moment as he deftly rolled the paper and tobacco into a durry , licked the edge and stuck it down.
* cancer stick, fag