Constancy vs Durability - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between constancy and durability
is that constancy
is (uncountable) the quality of being constant; steadiness or faithfulness in action, affections, purpose, etc while durability
is permanence by virtue of the power to resist stress or force.
(uncountable) The quality of being constant; steadiness or faithfulness in action, affections, purpose, etc.
* 1871 , , Descent of Man , ch. 7 "On the Races of Man,"
(countable) An unchanging quality or characteristic of a person or thing.
* 1602 , , All's Well That Ends Well , act 1, sc. 2,
- Constancy of character is what is chiefly valued and sought for by naturalists.
- younger spirits . . .
- whose constancies
- Expire before their fashions.
* Oxford English Dictionary , 2nd ed., 1989.
* Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary , 1987-1996.
Permanence by virtue of the power to resist stress or force.