As nouns the difference between duchy and ducky
is that duchy
is a dominion or region ruled by a duke or duchess while ducky
is a pet name used affectionately.
As an adjective ducky is
(slang|archaic) great; going well; proceeding in an eminently agreeable fashion.
A dominion or region ruled by a duke or duchess.
* A Grand Duchy may be a self-governing state.
* A simple duchy tends to be a part of a larger kingdom or empire.
(slang, archaic) Great; going well; proceeding in an eminently agreeable fashion.
* 1930 ,
- Farnesworth smiled contentedly as he read the stock ticker; all was ducky on Wall Street.
*1942 , ,
- Isn't this the duckiest little leather skirt you ever saw?
The Catbird Seat :
- Fortunately, she had bragged to everybody about her ducky first-floor apartment in the perfectly darling three-story red-brick.
A pet name used affectionately.
(childish) A duck (aquatic bird).
* 1990 , Donna LeBlanc, You can't quit until you know what's eating you
- "Morning, ducky !" said Roderick, as he gave his partner a quick peck on the cheek and sat down to breakfast.
- Do little things for your Inner Child, like taking bubble baths. Invite a rubber ducky to play with you...