Spiked vs Drunk - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between spiked and drunk
is that spiked
is (of a beverage) containing alcohol or drugs, often without the informing those who partake while drunk
is in a state of intoxication caused by the consumption of excessive alcohol, usually by drinking alcoholic beverages.
As verbs the difference between spiked and drunk
is that spiked
) while drunk
As a noun drunk is
a habitual drinker, especially one who is frequently intoxicated.
(of a beverage) Containing alcohol or drugs, often without the informing those who partake.
Of a graph or trend that has rapidly reached a maximum.
- The large punch bowl has the special spiked punch, the small punch bowl is for the kids.
* (having spikes): peaked, spiky
* spiked sample
* spiked value
In a state of intoxication caused by the consumption of excessive alcohol, usually by drinking alcoholic beverages.
(usually followed by with or on) Elated or emboldened.
- Drunk with power he immediately ordered a management reshuffle.
Drenched or saturated with moisture or liquid.
* Bible, Deuteronomy xxxii. 42
- drunk with recent prosperity
- I will make mine arrows drunk with blood.
* (intoxicated from alcohol) blitzed, drunken, ebrious, hammered, pissed, tipsy, wasted, smashed; see also
(terms derived from drunk)
* drunk as a skunk
* drunk driver
* drunk driving
* punch drunk
* drunk tank
A habitual drinker, especially one who is frequently intoxicated.
* 1971 , William S. Burroughs, The Wild Boys: A Book of the Dead , page 10
A drinking-bout; a period of drunkenness.
* 1858 , "A Scarcity of Jurors—Cangemi's Third Trial," New York Times , 8 Jun., p. 4:
- Another drunk is sleeping in dangerous proximity to a brush fire.
A drunken state.
* 2006 , Patrick McCabe, Winterwood , Bloomsbury 2007, p. 10:
- Gen. G. had been on a long drunk from July last until Christmas.
- Here – help yourself to another drop there, Redmond! By the time we've got a good drunk on us there'll be more crack in this valley than the night I pissed on the electric fence!
* cheap drunk
* expensive drunk
* good drunk
* (habitual drinker) alcoholic, drunkard, pisshead, piss artist, sot; see also