Severely vs Drastically - What's the difference?
As adverbs the difference between severely and drastically
is that severely
is in a severe manner while drastically
is to a drastic degree.
To a drastic degree.
- This recession has been drastically different.
In a drastic manner.
- drastically reduced prices
* 1920 , America , volume 22, page 255:
- Lisa always wore shorts and a T-shirt, which clashed drastically with her brother's thick winter coat.
* 1928 , The Atlantic Monthly , volume 141, page 558:
- It explains why a Democratic Congress foisted Prohibition on the country and a Republican Congress drastically legislated to enforce it, when ordinarily the two parties are only too anxious for any political stick to beat each other with.
* 1933 , The China Critic , volume 6, page 428:
- Seldom have democratic principles been so drastically enacted into law.
- A uniform marriage and divorce law must be drastically enacted by the Central Government and rigidly administrated by the higher courts.