Dragon vs Dragonless - What's the difference?
As a noun dragon
is (mythical creature
As an adjective dragonless is
(rare) without a dragon or dragons.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
A legendary serpentine or reptilian creature.
# In Western mythology, a gigantic beast, typically reptilian with leathery bat-like wings, lion-like claws, scaly skin and a serpent-like body, often a monster with fiery breath.
# In Eastern mythology, a large, snake-like monster with the eyes of a hare, the horns of a stag and the claws of a tiger, usually beneficent.
#* 1913 , , chapter XIII:
- But as every well-brought-up prince was expected to kill a dragon', and rescue a princess, the ' dragons grew fewer and fewer till it was often quite hard for a princess to find a dragon to be rescued from.
An animal of various species that resemble a dragon in appearance:
# (obsolete) A very large snake; a python.
# Any of various agamid lizards of the genera Draco'', ''Physignathus or .
# A Komodo dragon.
(astronomy, with definite article, often capitalized) The constellation Draco.
* 1605 , , Act I, Scene 2:
- These tapestries were magnificently figured with golden dragons'; and as the serpentine bodies gleamed and shimmered in the increasing radiance, each ' dragon , I thought, intertwined its glittering coils more closely with those of another.
(pejorative) An unpleasant woman; a harridan.
- My father compounded with my mother vnder the Dragons taile, and my nativity was vnder Vrsa Maior .
(with definite article, often capitalized) The (historical) Chinese empire or the People's Republic of China.
- She’s a bit of a dragon .
(figuratively) Something very formidable or dangerous.
A luminous exhalation from marshy ground, seeming to move through the air like a winged serpent.
(military, historical) A short musket hooked to a swivel attached to a soldier's belt; so called from a representation of a dragon's head at the muzzle.
- Napoleon already warned of the awakening of the Dragon .
A variety of carrier pigeon.
* bearded dragon
* Chinese dragon
* dragon beam
* dragon boat
* dragon boat festival
* dragon fruit
* dragon lady
* dragon's blood
* dragon tie
* dragon tree
* dragon worm
* feed the dragon
* grand dragon
* Komodo dragon
* leafy sea dragon
* reluctant dragon
* tickle the dragon's tail
* (legendary creature ): drake, monster, serpent, wyrm, wyvern, lindworm
* (unpleasant woman ): battle-axe, bitch, harridan, shrew, termagant, virago
* Saint George
* Saint Patrick
(rare) Without a dragon or dragons.