Doxxes vs Doxies - What's the difference?
As a verb doxxes
As a noun doxies is
(slang, internet) To publish personal information of (an individual) on the Internet.
* 2012' October 29, Danah Boyd, ''
Truth, Lies, and ‘'''Doxxing ’: The Real Moral of the Gawker/Reddit Story]'', ''[[w:Wired (website), Wired] ,
* 2013 , Parmy Olson, We Are Anonymous ,
- The amorphous hacktivist collective known as “Anonymous” decided to make a spectacle of the situation by publishing personally identifiable information on – “doxxing ” – Todd’s stalker.
* 2014 , Jamie Bartlett, The Dark Net ,
- In that frame of mind, the worst thing that can happen will always be online. Being doxxed or ridiculed, for example, outweighs the offline risks of wasted time, poor health, or arrest.
- Anonymous said': shit, I hope no one ' doxxes her. She actually delivered. She seems like a kind girl.
- Anonymous replied : dude get a grip she gave her first name, her physician's full name, and even the dormitory area she lives in she wants to be found.
* 2014 , E. C. Myers, The Silence of Six ,
- Anonymous replied : She is new. Any girl who uses signs or writes names on her body is clearly new to camwhoring, so they really don't know what they're getting themselves into.
- “Evan doxxed everyone in Dramatis Personai. Those guys aren't just 'offline.'” Max said. “They're dead.”
- PHYREWALL laughed.
- “What's funny about that?” Max asked.
- “He couldn't have doxxed everyone,” PHYREWALL said.
- “He doxxed you, Nat ,' Max said.