Euan vs Dork - What's the difference?
As proper nouns the difference between euan and dork
is that euan
is while dork
is ellis island records indicate people registering as early as 1907 with dork as their last name [http://ellisislandorg/search/matchmoreasp?lnm=dork&plnm=dork&first_kind=1&kind=exact&offset=0&dwpdone=1].
US 1960s, sense of "silly person" presumably from earlier use as bowdlerization of
[Lawrence Poston, “ ]
Some Problems in the Study of Campus Slang,” American Speech 39, no. 2 (May 1964) (JSTOR 453113): p. 118.
[Historical Dictionary of American Slang, v. 1, A-G, edited by Jonathan Lighter (New York: Random House, 1994), p. 638.]
* 1962 , Jerome Weidman, The Sound of Bow Bells page 362:
* 2005 , Mike Judge, Reading Sucks: The Collected Works of Beavis and Butthead :
- As a matter of fact, this slob was full of information today. He told me why we Jews have different dorks .
* 1962 , Alain Robbe-Grillet, Last year at Marienbad page 167:
- "There's that dork whose wife cut off his dork ." And when people ask him for an autograph he writes, "Best of luck to Betsy. Signed, the guy whose wife cut off his penis."
* 1967 , Don Moser and Jerry Cohen, The Pied Piper of Tucson:
- I entitled the piece "Dorky", dork being slang for a person who does not belong to popular groups, usually an outsider, an odd person, sometimes inept, other times cranky.
- I didn’t have any clothes and I had short hair and looked like a dork . Girls wouldn’t go out with me.
Narrowly used to indicate someone inept or out of touch, broadly used to mean simply “silly, foolish”; compare (doofus), (twit).
* to dorkify
* See also
* See also
Uncertain; apparently from (etyl). See (dirk).