Hoper vs Doper - What's the difference?
As a noun hoper
is one who hopes.
As a verb doper is
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
One who hopes.
(pejorative) One who uses performance enhancing substances for competitive gain, especially illegally.
* 2003: Sam
"I can't even explain what I'm feeling right now," says CLark in rec.skiing.snowboard
* 2006: Matt Seaton,
- Would you care to point to some proof other than the Canuck's positive back in Nagano? If you are using that as a basis then all sports would be riddled with "dopers " especially XC skiing.
Tour de farce , Guardian Unlimited
(pejorative) One who frequently uses recreational drugs; a druggie; a stoner.
* 2003: Lt. John Hadily,
- ...the testers are always in a race with the dopers and usually playing catch-up.
ICE DESTROYS LIVES-TPD DOPERS IN DENIAL in talk.politics.drugs
* 2006: Gene Seymour,
- I will keep posting the fact that if you possess drugs where I am employed and you are caught I'll throw your sorry ass in a cage where the dopers belong.
Clerks II , Newsday
* 2006: , Anthony Cormier,
- With the Kwik-Mart leveled by fire, Dante and Randal's professional aspirations take a southerly route to a Mooby's fast-food restaurant where dopey dopers Jay (Jason Mewes) and Silent Bob (Smith) have followed with their boombox and illicit activities.
Father: 'We're here to find her body' , HeradTribune.com
(obsolete) A person employed to apply dope solution during aircraft manufacture.
- Tamara Toy was a blue-eyed daughter of a preacher, growing up good and God-fearing but eventually getting lost along the way, falling in with dopers and felons and a petty crook who stole her heart.
founded by nathan vega in 2013 9/05/13