Dope vs Doped - What's the difference?
As verbs the difference between dope and doped
is that dope
is (slang) to affect with drugs while doped
As adjectives the difference between dope and doped
is that dope
is (slang) great, amazing or extraordinary while doped
As a noun dope
is (uncountable) any viscous liquid or paste, such as a lubricant, used in preparing a surface.
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(uncountable) Any viscous liquid or paste, such as a lubricant, used in preparing a surface.
(uncountable) An absorbent material used to hold a liquid.
(uncountable, aeronautics) Any varnish used to coat a part, such as an airplane wing or a hot-air balloon in order to waterproof, strengthen,
(uncountable, slang) Any illicit or narcotic drug that produces euphoria or satisfies an addiction; particularly heroin.
* 1953 , , Too Many Songs by Tom Lehrer , Pantheon, 1981, p. 18
(uncountable, slang) Information.
* What's the latest dope on the stock market?
(countable, slang) A stupid person.
- Here's a cure for all your troubles, here's an end to all distress. It's the old dope peddler, with his powdered happiness.''
* See also
* dope fiend
* dope sheet
* dope slap/dope-slap
(slang) To affect with drugs.
To treat with dope (lubricant, etc.).
(electronics) To add a dopant such as arsenic to (a pure semiconductor such as silicon).
(slang) To use drugs.
(slang) Great, amazing or extraordinary.
- That party was dope !
(electronics)Describing a semiconductor that has had small amounts of elements added to create charge carriers.
- He was so doped after the surgery that it took him 2 hours to remember his name.
Covered with dope, a glue or paint like pore filler.
- The silicon was doped with boron to make a p-type semiconductor.
- The doped fabric covering the Hindenburg was very flammable.