Rights vs Dividend - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between rights and dividend
is that rights
is while dividend
As a verb rights
(arithmetic) A number or expression that is to be divided by another.
(finance) A pro rata payment of money by a company to its shareholders, usually made periodically (eg, quarterly or annually).
- In "42 ÷ 3" the dividend is the 42.
* regular dividend, special dividend
* addition, summation: (augend) + (addend) = (summand) × (summand) = (sum, total)
* subtraction: (minuend) ? (subtrahend) = (difference)
* multiplication: (multiplier) × (multiplicand) = (factor) × (factor) = (product)
* division: (dividend) ÷ (divisor) = (quotient), remainder left over if divisor does not divide dividend