Premium is a related term of dividend.
As nouns the difference between premium and dividend
is that premium
is bonus (extra amount of money given as a premium) while dividend
Superior in quality; higher in price or value.
A prize or award.
Something offered at a reduced price as an inducement to buy something else.
A bonus paid in addition to normal payments.
The amount to be paid for an insurance policy.
An unusually high value.
(finance) The amount by which a security's value exceeds its face value.
* (term) is much less common than (premiums), accounting for less than 1% of total usage in US (COCA) and 4% in UK (BNC).
* (finance) discount
(Terms derived from the adjective or noun "premium")
* at a premium
* buyer's premium
* premium bond
* premium outlet
(arithmetic) A number or expression that is to be divided by another.
(finance) A pro rata payment of money by a company to its shareholders, usually made periodically (eg, quarterly or annually).
- In "42 ÷ 3" the dividend is the 42.
* regular dividend, special dividend
* addition, summation: (augend) + (addend) = (summand) × (summand) = (sum, total)
* subtraction: (minuend) ? (subtrahend) = (difference)
* multiplication: (multiplier) × (multiplicand) = (factor) × (factor) = (product)
* division: (dividend) ÷ (divisor) = (quotient), remainder left over if divisor does not divide dividend