As verbs the difference between unnerve and disturb
is that unnerve
is to deprive of nerve, force, or strength; to weaken; to enfeeble while disturb
is to confuse a quiet, constant state or a calm, continuous flow, in particular: thoughts, actions or liquids.
As a noun disturb is
To deprive of nerve, force, or strength; to weaken; to enfeeble.
- to unnerve the arm
- I was greatly unnerved by this.
to confuse a quiet, constant state or a calm, continuous flow, in particular: thoughts, actions or liquids.
- The noisy ventilation disturbed me during the exam.
- The performance was disturbed twice by a ringing mobile phone.
to divert, redirect, or alter by disturbing.
- A school of fish disturbed the water.
- A mudslide disturbed the course of the river.
- The trauma disturbed his mind.
to have a negative emotional impact; to cause emotional distress or confusion.
- disturb his inmost counsels from their destined aim
- A disturbing film that tries to explore the mind of a serial killer.
- His behaviour is very disturbing .