As verbs the difference between unhinged and disturb
is that unhinged
) while disturb
is to confuse a quiet, constant state or a calm, continuous flow, in particular: thoughts, actions or liquids.
As an adjective unhinged
is not furnished with a hinge.
As a noun disturb is
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
Not furnished with a hinge.
(philately, of a stamp) Not having ever been mounted using a stamp hinge.
(usually, humorous) Mentally ill.
- an unhinged door
to confuse a quiet, constant state or a calm, continuous flow, in particular: thoughts, actions or liquids.
- The noisy ventilation disturbed me during the exam.
- The performance was disturbed twice by a ringing mobile phone.
to divert, redirect, or alter by disturbing.
- A school of fish disturbed the water.
- A mudslide disturbed the course of the river.
- The trauma disturbed his mind.
to have a negative emotional impact; to cause emotional distress or confusion.
- disturb his inmost counsels from their destined aim
- A disturbing film that tries to explore the mind of a serial killer.
- His behaviour is very disturbing .