As verbs the difference between distribute and disturb
is that distribute
)to divide into portions and dispense while disturb
is to confuse a quiet, constant state or a calm, continuous flow, in particular: thoughts, actions or liquids.
As a noun disturb is
Other Comparisons: What's the difference?
(senseid)To divide into portions and dispense.
(senseid)To supply to retail outlets.
- He distributed the bread amongst his followers.
(senseid)To deliver or pass out.
- The agency distributes newspapers to local shops.
(senseid)To scatter or spread.
- A network of children distributes flyers to every house.
(senseid)To apportion (more or less evenly).
- I raked the soil then distributed grass seed.
(senseid)To classify or separate into categories.
- The robot's six legs distributed its weight over a wide area.
(senseid)(mathematics) To be distributive.
(printing) To separate (type which has been used) and return it to the proper boxes in the cases.
(printing) To spread (ink) evenly, as upon a roller or a table.
(logic) To employ (a term) in its whole extent; to take as universal in one premise.
- The database distributed verbs into transitive and intransitive segments.
- A term is said to be distributed when it is taken universal, so as to stand for everything it is capable of being applied to.
to confuse a quiet, constant state or a calm, continuous flow, in particular: thoughts, actions or liquids.
- The noisy ventilation disturbed me during the exam.
- The performance was disturbed twice by a ringing mobile phone.
to divert, redirect, or alter by disturbing.
- A school of fish disturbed the water.
- A mudslide disturbed the course of the river.
- The trauma disturbed his mind.
to have a negative emotional impact; to cause emotional distress or confusion.
- disturb his inmost counsels from their destined aim
- A disturbing film that tries to explore the mind of a serial killer.
- His behaviour is very disturbing .