Distribution vs Colportage - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between distribution and colportage
is that distribution
is an act of distributing or state of being distributed while colportage
is the distribution or selling of publications via carriers, particularly devotional literature.
An act of distributing or state of being distributed.
An apportionment by law (of funds, property).
(business, marketing) The process by which goods get to final consumers over a geographical market, including storing, selling, shipping and advertising.
The frequency of occurrence or extent of existence.
Anything distributed; portion; share.
The result of distributing; arrangement.
(mathematics, statistics) A probability distribution; the set of relative likelihoods that a variable will have a value in a given interval.
(computing) A set of bundled software components; distro.
(economics) The apportionment of income or wealth in a population.
- our charitable distributions
(finance) The process or result of the sale of securities, especially their placement among investors with long-term investment strategies.
The resolution of a whole into its parts.
The process of sorting the types and placing them in their proper boxes in the cases.
The steps or operations by which steam is supplied to and withdrawn from the cylinder at each stroke of the piston: admission, suppression or cutting off, release or exhaust, and compression of exhaust steam prior to the next admission.
* 1553', , ''The Arte of Rhetorique'' (1962), book iii,
- The wealth distribution became extremely skewed in the kleptocracy.
folio 99, page 209 ''s.v.'' “' Di?tribucion ”:
* 1728', (Ephraim Chambers), '''' I,
- It is al?o called a di?tribucion , when we diuide the whole, into ?euerall partes, and ?aie we haue foure poynctes, whereof we purpo?e to ?peake, comp?ehendyng our whole talke within compa??e of the?ame.
page 230/2 ''s.v.'' “' Di?tribution ²”:
- Di?tribution, in Rhetoric, a Kind of De?cription ; or a Figure, whereby an orderly Divi?ion, and Enumeration is made of the principal Qualities of a Subject.
* frequency distribution
* income distribution
* property distribution
* stable distribution
* probability distribution
* tempered distribution
Distribution]” on page 534 of § 1 (D, ed. ) of volume III (D–E, 1897) of [[w:Oxford English Dictionary, A New English Dictionary on Historical Principles] (1st ed.)
the distribution or selling of publications via carriers, particularly devotional literature