As verbs the difference between notify and distribute
is that notify
is to give (someone) notice of (something) while distribute
)to divide into portions and dispense.
To give (someone) notice of (something).
(senseid)To divide into portions and dispense.
(senseid)To supply to retail outlets.
- He distributed the bread amongst his followers.
(senseid)To deliver or pass out.
- The agency distributes newspapers to local shops.
(senseid)To scatter or spread.
- A network of children distributes flyers to every house.
(senseid)To apportion (more or less evenly).
- I raked the soil then distributed grass seed.
(senseid)To classify or separate into categories.
- The robot's six legs distributed its weight over a wide area.
(senseid)(mathematics) To be distributive.
(printing) To separate (type which has been used) and return it to the proper boxes in the cases.
(printing) To spread (ink) evenly, as upon a roller or a table.
(logic) To employ (a term) in its whole extent; to take as universal in one premise.
- The database distributed verbs into transitive and intransitive segments.
- A term is said to be distributed when it is taken universal, so as to stand for everything it is capable of being applied to.