Discardable vs Dispensable - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between discardable and dispensable
is that discardable
is that can be discarded while dispensable
is able to be done without; able to be expended; easily replaced.
That can be discarded.
Able to be done without; able to be expended; easily replaced.
Capable of being dispensed; distributable.
* 2006 , Pamela Lewis, Achieving Best Behavior for Children with Developmental Disabilities: A Step-by-Step Workbook for Parents and Carers , Jessica Kingsley Publsihers (2006), ISBN 9781843108092,
Subject to dispensation; possible to relax, exempt from, or annul.
* 2011 , Will Adam, Legal Flexibility and the Mission of the Church: Dispensation and Economy in Ecclesiastical Law , ISBN 9781409420552,
- The reward could be a preferred food, a sticker, blowing some bubbles, a noisemaker the child enjoys, a pat on the back, or some other easily dispensable reward that does not take the child away from the task at hand for more than a moment or two.
(biochemistry, nutrition, of an amino acid) Not essential to be taken in as part of an organism's diet, as it can be synthesized de novo.
* 2008 , Marie Dunford & J. Andrew Doyle, Nutrition for Sport and Exercise , Thomson Wadsworth (2008), ISBN 9780495014836,
- Jones' use of the term 'Ecclesiastical Law' in his definition of dispensations in Roman Catholic canon law points to the Roman Catholic distinction between divine law, from which no dispensation is possible, and merely ecclesiastical law, which is dispensable in certain circumstances.
- The difference in absorption rate is not surprising since whey has a high percentage of indispensable amino acids, which are absorbed more rapidly than dispensable amino acids.