Formation vs Disorder - What's the difference?
As nouns the difference between formation and disorder
is that formation
is formation while disorder
is absence of order; state of not being arranged in an orderly manner.
Something possessing structure or form.
The act of assembling a group or structure.
(geology) A rock or face of a mountain.
(military) A grouping of military units or smaller formations under a command, such as a brigade, division, wing, etc.
(military) An arrangement of moving troops, ships, or aircraft, such as a wedge, line abreast, or echelon. Often "in formation".
The process of influencing or guiding a person to a deeper understanding of a particular vocation.
* (military grouping of units) battle group, brigade group, task force, combat team
* (military arrangement of forces) tactical formation, battle formation
* disordre (obsolete)
Absence of order; state of not being arranged in an orderly manner.
A disturbance of civic peace or of public order.
- After playing the children left the room in disorder .
- The class was thrown into disorder when the teacher left the room
(medicine) A physical or psychical malfunction.
- The army tried to prevent disorder when claims the elections had been rigged grew stronger.
- Bulimia is an eating disorder .
* (absence of order) chaos, entropy; see also
* (disturbance of civic peace) See also
* autism spectrum disorder
* borderline personality disorder
* eating disorder
* seasonal affective disorder
* spectrum disorder