Incompetent vs Dishonest - What's the difference?
As adjectives the difference between incompetent and dishonest
is that incompetent
is incompetent while dishonest
is not honest.
Unskilled, lacking normally expected degree of ability.
Unable to make rational decisions, insane or otherwise cognitively impaired.
- Having an incompetent lawyer may be grounds for a retrial, but the lawyer in question probably doesn't know that.
- The charged was judged incompetent to stand trial, at least until his medication started working.
* See also
The form incompetent of , as in "I am incompetent of doing anything!" is heard (US). It is incorrect, the intended word is incapable.
A person who is incompetent.
Interfering with honesty.
(obsolete) Dishonourable; shameful; indecent; unchaste; lewd.
* Alexander Pope
* Sir T. North
- inglorious triumphs and dishonest scars
(obsolete) Dishonoured; disgraced; disfigured.
- Speak no foul or dishonest words before them [the women].
- Dishonest with lopped arms the youth appears, / Spoiled of his nose and shortened of his ears.